I grew up on Cape Cod and am very blessed to have spent my whole life being surrounded by water and the Cape’s natural beauty. I raised my three daughters here and now my two grandchildren are enjoying all the Cape has to offer.
After spending 20 years in real estate, ultimately climbing into management, I knew it was time for a change when my youngest daughter graduated from college. I decided to pursue my passion for the healing arts. In 2004, I started my massage practice and, in 2006, I added colon hydrotherapy. In 2007, I purchased and renovated my present space.
In addition to my work at Body Essentials, I am very passionate about nutrition and how the foods we choose to eat can affect our bodies negatively or positively. I am a local chapter leader for the Weston A. Price Foundation which specializes in traditional, nutrient-dense foods. Healing herbs, gardening, hiking and yoga also play an important part in my life when I want to relax and maintain my balance.
As the owner of Body Essentials, I love what I do because I really enjoy working with people, helping them to feel their best. As a business philosophy, I believe in minimizing distractions and fully focusing on my clients’ needs. For this reason, I schedule my appointments such that each client has the whole spa to him/herself, along with my undivided attention, to maximize his/her comfort and full-on pampering.
Peace and health,
Certifications & Licensing
- Certified Colon Hydrotherapist- Completed 100 hour & intermediate training by The Cathy Shea International School of Colon Hydrotherapy www.cathysheaschool.com
- Advanced Level Membership with The International Association for Colon Hydrotherapist www.i-act.org
- Certified Body Ecologist-Donna Gates, Body Ecology www.bodyecology.com
- 500 Hour Massage Program-Massage Institute of Cape Cod
- Massachusetts Massage License #2815
- Massachusetts Massage Establishment License#89
- Member of Massage Council
- Positional Release Training- Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health
- Hot Lava Stone Certification
- Reiki I
- Lymphatic Drainage I, II and III -Chikly Health Institute
- Chapter Leader for Nourishing Traditions of Cape Cod, the local chapter for the Weston A. Price Foundation